Here we are, smack dab in the middle of the winter. Anybody having fun yet?
Mother Nature dropped another foot of snow on Wednesday, and my house sounds like a chorus of coughs.
In keeping with my intention to the new year, I am going to choose humor rather than frustration. I am not going to see the mound of winter clothing that keeps collecting in my kitchen but rather sit down, with another cup of hot tea, and make a list that many of you will be able to relate to.
Here are 10 signs winter has dug in its heels:
10. A pasty white complexion stares back at you in the mirror every day
9. The sound of a bird makes your heart leap
8. A 40 degree day feels like a heat wave
7. At least one fingertip is cracked at all times.
6. Permanent hat hair
5. There is no more nail polish on your toes
4. You can write the word DRY on the back of your hand with something sharp or dull
3. The dog doesn’t want to go out
2. You realize you have only been wearing 2 changes of clothes: Comfy and comfier (both with elastic waistbands).
And the last way you know you are in the thick of winter is:
1. That seed and garden catalogs are more exciting than a letter from Publishers Clearing House saying that you won!